Irony - Arabic

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Hy,

I use Irony in this context  A Google-like Full Text Search - an article by Michael Coles about Google-to-SQL Server full-text search query converter based on Irony.

For the latin language, French, english, Spanish, Irony works well but for the arabic language, the compiler causes an error.

The word to search :  "مخصصة" for example

_compiler =new LanguageCompiler(_grammar);

AstNode oot = _compiler.Parse(sFind);

if (_compiler.Context.Errors.Count == 0)

ERROR Invalid character: 'م

Thx for your help.

_grammar =new SearchGrammar();

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Please use the SearchGrammar version in samples included in download on this site. 

The code in Michael's article is outdated. 

The current version supports international characters, just verified with your arabic word, works fine.

Roman

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hy Roman,

I downloaded the source and modified the Samples.Console.2010 to use the SearchGrammar. I added the option 3 to instantiate the class SearchGrammar and run the program. The search expression Sarkozy +Segolene causes the following error: Root AST node is null, cannot evaluate. 

Could you give me advices to figure out?

Bernard

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Try it directly in grammar explorer, it allows you to execute conversion when running sample

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hy Roman,

Now, It's ok and It works well (I did certainly a mistake). We use it with Sql Server Full Text in 6 languages : French, english,  spanish, arabic, german and portuguese.

Thx

Bernard