BNF Translator and other questions

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Hi Roman,

Fantastic and Great project !!

1.- Is possible build an EBNF/BNF translator, i.e. from YACC/BISON grammatica To Rules Irony (C#) ? Exists ?
2.- The new DLR framework requires an Lexer/Parser , exists an example the integration with Irony ?
3.- an Tutorial of Irony from basic concept to advanced, where? or an reference for help me... blog?

Thanks,
JM++
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2008 at 5:19 PM
Fantastic and Great project !!
Thanks!

1.- Is possible build an EBNF/BNF translator, i.e. from YACC/BISON grammatica To Rules Irony (C#) ? Exists ?

I guess it is possible to write a formal translator, the only question is what to do with parse actions in YACC grammars? They are kind of quite important, but Irony uses a bit different concept... Although it would be a fancy excercise to write it using Irony itself (by creating Irony grammar for YACC input files)

2.- The new DLR framework requires an Lexer/Parser , exists an example the integration with Irony ?

No, no examples, but it is definitely possible. I don't have it on my worklist though - lots of other stuff, sorry

3.- an Tutorial of Irony from basic concept to advanced, where? or an reference for help me... blog?

No tutorials sorry. Only samples, and two articles on CodeProject, one is mine about Irony, and the other by D.Flower about JSBasic (there are links on project Home page). I recommend highly JSBasic articles and source - it contains a lot of explanations of some Irony's usage details. Again, my apologies, I know it suxxx - try to follow examples and read comments in source wherever they are available.
thanks
Roman