Visual Studio 2010 LanguageService and Irony Integration

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Hi all,

I've already define a Grammar using Irony, right now i open documents using Visual Studio and my LanguageService Highlights code and have intellisense for keywords, but i would like to show in the editor of visual studio sintax errors. For example, when i miss a ";" i would like the editor shows the error. For this i need 2 things: How to recover parse error from irony and how to show the error in visual studio editor.

Regards,

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I'm not an expert on VS language integration, read this:
note that it uses much old version of Irony, so sources should be adjusted
Also note that to get errors you should make Irony parser return parse tree even if there are errors - for this, you need to define error rules (recovery rules) in your grammar.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM, aquintana <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I've already define a Grammar using Irony, right now i open documents using Visual Studio and my LanguageService Highlights code and have intellisense for keywords, but i would like to show in the editor of visual studio sintax errors. For example, when i miss a ";" i would like the editor shows the error. For this i need 2 things: How to recover parse error from irony and how to show the error in visual studio editor.

Regards,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (irony@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email irony@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com