xna and irony on 360

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I'm developing a game on xbox 360 using xna. I would like to use Irony but I'm running into problems because the .NET Compact Framework for Xbox 360 doesn't support the System.Numerics namespace. Is there anyway to work around this issue?

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

that shouldn't be that hard, Numerics are used only for BigIntegers, so just carefully remove all references to this class (in your custom build)

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Another suggestion is to create a custom Compiler Directive. Then with this directive, if it's to be compiled for the Compact Framework, you could use the Mono implementation of the System.Numerics assembly or a custom built one, else use System.Numerics from the .NET Framework.

Just a thought - as I've seen this approach taken for other projects targeting things such as SilverLight.

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM
rivantsov wrote:

that shouldn't be that hard, Numerics are used only for BigIntegers, so just carefully remove all references to this class (in your custom build)

Thanks, I'll try this first. I really don't need BigIntegers. Hopefully I won't blow up anything...

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM
@clashfan, How did you fare? I'm attempting to remove the support for BigIntegers and Complex numbers...

Though I might look into a silverlight project to see how they did what @MindCore suggested.

Thanks,
Jarvis