Language Service Templet for VS 2012

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Greetings All,

A while back there was a post about writing a Visual Studio language service using Irony.. The author references an Irony language service templet for use with VS2008. There is a download in that article for a template to generate a Visual Studio Integration Package for an Irony Language Service.

It seems like this would be a very useful addition to Irony. We looked at the latest Irony download, but didn't find anything at all related to VS extensions.

Does anyone know where, or if, there's an update to such a template?

Regards,
- Steve Nunez
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I think I saw VS2010 template somewhere in discussions. VS2010 language service can be updated to support VS2012 by a simple manifest update.
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Thanks. I thought so too, but the only thing that's remotely relevant is https://irony.codeplex.com/discussions/223913, and that's just a user reporting that he was able to go from VS2008 to VS2010.

Have you got a link?
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I don't know much about VS template creating, it was all some other devs effort, and I'm afraid all you can find is outdated. Sorry
Roman
Nov 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM
rivantsov wrote:
I don't know much about VS template creating, it was all some other devs effort, and I'm afraid all you can find is outdated. Sorry
Roman
Have you looked at this?
https://mpfproj11.codeplex.com/

I have no idea how to use it as I just found it about a half hour ago. I have been trying to look into creating language services.

Mainly cause I am taking a course in Java this semester and java 2 next semester and hate the ides for it. I think I'm biting off more then I can chew but I was thinking language service for java would be nice...
Nov 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I have the Irony Language service running in VS2010 and VS2012.
Basically follow the VS2008/VS2010 information on the web (from memory there is a CodeProject post which covers VS2008).

This post is particularly useful for upgrading it to VS2010.

Once you get it going it's absolutely amazing!