Next release?

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:59 AM
I am wondering when it happens. Speed up rivantsov!
Mar 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM
Well, give me some more time. It's been 3 months, I know. Still trying to nail down this new non-canonical algorithm. Also big refactoring is on the way, and fixing current LALR algorithm, and other stuff. At least two or three more weeks I think. But if I succeed with this non-canonical stuff - you guys are up for a big surprise!
thanks for asking
Mar 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Nothing takes to long when it's free. Keep up the great work rivantsov, I really appreciate what you're doing with this project. :)
Mar 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM
Thanks !
Just a few days more...
Apr 3, 2009 at 9:23 PM
How goes things?  Any chance we'll be seeing a new version soon?  I'm anxious to see the big surprise :)
Apr 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM
It's coming. On April 14 I'm making a presentation about Irony at Lang.Net symposium (, and rain or shine, I will post update before this date, because I'm planning to talk about this newest stuff. Just a few days more, it's coming. thanks for asking,

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:03 PM
This is great, thanks for the update. I'm planing to start my project in a few days and will wait until the new Irony version comes out. This weekend I played a lot with ANTLR and I think it is a great tool, but Irony is even better and easier for a C# Programmer like I am :)
Apr 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM
First of all let me say even though I know absolutely nothing about grammars, this is REALLY cool!  Thanks for all the work! 

From reading some of the SQL discussions it sounds like proper parsing would require a code refactor.  Any word on when this will be available?  Thanks again for all the work!  This is really impressive and very useful!

Good luck at the show!!!
Apr 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Can you please remind me what refactoring was in discussion you mention? couldn't find it, and doing refactoring right now... so don't wanna miss it
Apr 20, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Hey Roman,

hope everything is going well. Still waiting for your next great Irony release :) Any idea when it will finally happen?

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Well, still same, getting there. Good thing I'm making progress. The problem is - because of refactoring, the whole thing is quite broken, so I cannot post non-working stuff. Few more days, I know, already said that.. For now, as entertainment, watch my presentation at LangNet, I speak about some new stuff that is coming. Other presentations are quite interesting too. I'll post the link on home page.
thanks again, and sorry for the delay
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Great presentation about Irony! I like the new parser you're developing, is that one included in the next release?
Apr 22, 2009 at 2:31 AM
thanks - glad you liked it! Yes, this stuff will be in the next code drop, some of it. Soon, I still hope -))
Apr 24, 2009 at 6:05 AM
Just uploaded sources - this is PREVIEW, not real update, many things are broken... have a look...
Apr 24, 2009 at 6:44 AM
good, good, I'll check it out right away.
Apr 24, 2009 at 8:46 AM
I just took a look at the preview and there is a considerable improvement over the latest release. Great work!
Apr 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Just to make sure you don't miss it, have a look at the stuff in Irony.Samples/NonCanonTestGrammars, there's a text file there with some detailed explanations.