Am I in the right place ?

Jun 1 at 8:55 AM
I've got a nifty VS extension that generates C# wrapper classes for sql queries. I currently do this with string methods. So somewhere in my thing, you're going to see me generating C# properties for each column in a resultset :
foreach( var myField in MyResultsetSchema )
    code.AppendLine( "public " + myField.CSType + " " + myField.CSName + "{get;set;}";
I'm dimly aware that this is primitive! I want to give my users maximum control over the code that gets generated. Some will want auto-implemented properties, some might want immutable objects, some might want class and interface definitions and so on.

Is this a good job for Irony? Do I need to create my own DSL, or is their a DSL already defined for generating C#? We're talking about a text transformation, where I have a design time template and a run time input, essentially
{
[QueryParameters],
[ResultsetColumns]
}

The Irony examples I've seen on the web just have one input. I'm so confused about this I'm even wondering if I should use XSLT! Someone please save me!
Jun 1 at 10:15 AM
Looks like I needed to be over here. Found this nice summary of templating approaches. Very happy to have discovered Irony though. If only I were smarter.