Java grammer is (almost) fully functional

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Hi Roman,

Thanks to your help (and a lot of perseverance and creativity), my Java grammar is good to go.  The only thing that it doesn't handle are hex floats.  I don't believe it is important for my audience (or any audience really) so I have ignored that part of the spec.

However, everything else is excellent.  Here's why I say that: I went over to OpenJDK and grabbed the test files they use to test the compiler (over 1500).  I wrote a little application to try and parse every test file from there.  With the exception of the few files that I removed because they weren't supposed to compile or I'm not supporting that feature (hex floats) or they were unicode, everything passes.

It was long road with many bumps, but YAY, it works.  It builds clean.  There are no unresolved conflicts.  It parses everything it should.  I couldn't be happier.

Now, as per my previous post, I'd like to donate this grammar to Irony.  There are 3 files.  If you would like them, where/how should I send them to you?

Sincerely,

Jere

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Hey, congrats!

Use "contact user" facility on this site; I will reply from my real email, then you'll send me the files

About hex floats - can you describe the problem, maybe I can do something about it, like adding options to NumberLiteral

Roman