How to Update Language Service Example

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I have created a grammar using Irony and implemented a language service using Ben Morrison's starter kit.  Everything worked fine, but before extending it to include Intellisense, etc. I replaced the Irony.dll with the latest build and the language service failed to compile.  I then modified the source to fix the compiler errors (changing the keyword code in the resolver class, etc.), but when I test the language in VS the parser no longer recognizes simple constructs such as string literals.

I need some guidance on how to approach this.  Do I have to construct the grammar completely, or are there certain elements that need to be changed.  It is not obvious how the new changes affect the code I've already written, since everything compiles without error or warning.  It would also be helpful to know the best strategy for doing things like declaring keywords, for example, since that strategy appears to be different in the latest builds.

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Sorry for troubles, Irony did change quite a bit since this article and code had been written

All I can suggest is to look at this project:

It is language service for Lua and it tracks Irony current versions


Feb 7, 2010 at 5:53 AM
Edited Feb 7, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I have been converting the grammer, and I have made some progress. At  first i did not know about VsLlua, so i was doing it from scratch

Perhaps the Lua grammar and AST nodes could be put under another umbrella. I was going to make a new Project for development of the Lua language service only.

Nevertheless VsLua's grammer has some issues still I think with my modifications merged in, 

If anything It was stimulating to explore over this past weekend